Welcome to the website of the Communication Systems Group of the Technische Universität Berlin. Our department was created in 2002 as a successor to the department of telecommunications previously led by Prof. Peter Noll, it is part of the Institute for Telecommunications within Faculty IV. The department is led by Prof. Thomas Sikora
Teching and research activities of the Communication Systems Group encompass most areas of digital signal processing for multimedia applications. The main research focus is on content-based analysis, description, segmentation, classification as well as coding of speech, audio, and video data.
- Two peer reviewed publications accepted for 32nd Picture Coding Symposium 04.12.2016 - 07.12.2016, Nuremberg, Germany.
- Two peer reviewed publications accepted for the IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, September 25.09.2016 - 28.09.2016, Phoenix, AZ, U.S.A. (PDF, 372,1 KB)
- At IFA 2015 the QuaVideo project present is latest developments
- Highly commended student paper award: 31st IEEE Picture Coding Symposium, Cairns, Australia, 31.05.2015 - 03.06.2015
- Four peer reviewed publications accepted for the 31st IEEE Picture Coding Symposium, Cairns, Australia, 31.05.2015 - 03.06.2015
- Top 10% Paper award: 21st IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, Paris, France, 27.10.2014 - 30.10.2014